I love cooking... especially for my friends. However, I never follow recipes, they are usually created along the way. So as I am no big fan of cooking books (there are way too many on the market) and as I often get asked:
"How did you make this?!"

Foodmania will be my own diary from what I consider gastronomical pleasures.

Bon appétit!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday Sunshine Omelet with Chèvre, Orange and Apricot

Do you want an exotic flavored morning egg-feast for two? Then I suggest the following.

Omelet:
2 eggs
2 Tbs water
5 dried apricots
2 Tbs orange juice
70 g chèvre in pieces
1 Tbs butter

1. Fry the chopped apricot in the juice in your frying pan till most of the juice has evaporated
2. Mix the eggs and water together with a whisk. Add the chèvre pieces in the mix.
3. Add butter in the pan and pour the omelet mix in. Fry it at medium temperature and fold it when the egg-mass starts to stiffen

Salad suggestion:
salad mix
cucumber in pieces
sunflower seeds
vinaigrette

Eat with toasted multi-grain bread and some smoked ham *(Norsk: Spekeskinke eller fenalår, Deutch: Schwarzwaldschinken, Français: Jambon du cheval fumé).

As a dessert to this breakfast I personally love vanilla-yogurt with chopped bananas and quinoa muesli! (http://www.boutique-ethiquable.com/boutique/fr/cereales/petit-dejeuner)

No comments:

Post a Comment