I love cooking... especially for my friends. However, I never follow recipes, they are usually created along the way. So as I am no big fan of cooking books (there are way too many on the market) and as I often get asked:
"How did you make this?!"

Foodmania will be my own diary from what I consider gastronomical pleasures.

Bon appétit!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pad thai = Peanut, Rice-Noodles and Carrots in a Wok

This weekend I had my favorite vegetarian drop in for a visit. As I am a big carnivore my self I always find inspiration and challenge in cooking my dishes without a source of meat. But the result is if I may say it myself not half bad ...

Wok:

1 hand peanuts
1/2 chili pepper
1 clove garlic
70 g carrots shredded

125 g rice noodles boiled
2 eggs
100 g bean sprouts (soy)
5 spring onions chopped

Sauce:
1/2 dl soy sauce
2 Tbs ketchup
1 Tbs brown sugar
2 tsp citron juice

1. I suggest you make chop the veggies while the water is heated and make the sauce while boiling noodles.
2. First add the peanuts, garlic and chili and fry it lightly then the carrots.
3. Add the noodles in the pan and mix in the eggs. When the eggs appear scrambled, add the beans sprouts and spring onion and pour over the sauce. Let it heat up but reduce the plate from about maximum 7 till 2-3.

Serve with more soy sauce if wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment