I love cooking... especially for my friends. However, I never follow recipes, they are usually created along the way. So as I am no big fan of cooking books (there are way too many on the market) and as I often get asked:
"How did you make this?!"

Foodmania will be my own diary from what I consider gastronomical pleasures.

Bon appétit!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

1st May bruch Banana-Pecans Scones with Cinnamon-Apple Rasberry Jam

For a fantastically enjoyable weekend breakfast/ brunch I suggest a good cup of coffee and...

Banana-Pecans Scones:

(5 good sized scones)
2 tbs sugar (preferably brown)
50 g butter (melted)
1 dl milk
150 g flour
3 tbs quinoa-muesli or oatmeal
3 tbs coconut flakes
1 tsp baking-powder
50 g pecan (chopped roughly)
2 bananas mashed

Dough should have a lumpy porridge thick consistency. Adjust it with milk or flour after need. 20 minutes in the oven at 180 degrees or until golden-brown.

Cinnamon-Apple and raspberry jam:

2 dl frozen raspberries
1 granny smith apple (chopped in pieces)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp citron juice
2 tbs vanilla sugar
2 tbs sugar

Boil in a kettle on medium heat for 15-20 minutes. Use the hand-blender (NOR: Stavmikser, GER: Pürierstab)

*For the Norwegian twist add some G-35 brown goat-cheese on top..hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment